The purpose of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society (LWMS) at Mount Olive Lutheran Church is to dedicate itself to serving Jesus by increasing awareness, interest, and support of WELS missions. Women of our congregation support the work of missionaries through prayers, notes, and offerings.
Contact(s): Gloria Knoll, Mount Olive LWMS President
Meeting Dates: Mount Olive hosts several LWMS events each year exact dates are published in the bulletin and newsletter as the time approaches. Meetings are held at 6:00 pm on the second Tuesdays of the month.
- October – Mission speaker – the congregation is invited.
- November – Project/Work Night – an evening of fellowship and time to educate and encourage women of the congregation.
- December – LWMS Mission Tree with envelopes placed on a tree in the atrium to give congregation an opportunity to help contribute to a selected mission.
- February – “Heart for Missions Bake Sale” – the congregation is invited to bring baked goods to be sold at the church services over the weekend. The proceeds will benefit a chosen mission/s.
- April – Mission Banquet with guest mission speaker. This is an opportunity for fellowship and another chance to learn more about WELS missions.
Three circuit events take place each year. A spring rally and a fall rally are held at one of the circuit churches, and an International Convention is held the last full weekend in June in various cities in the US. Stay connected on Facebook, LWMS Paperland Circuit and Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society (LWMS) or www.lwms.org.
Learn More about these other Women’s Ministry Opportunities: